Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fear Factor

For my fear assignment I chose to discuss with the class my fear of myself. I fear myself because I am my own worst enemy. I criticize everything that I do and say. I miss out on opportunities because I feel at times that I am not good enough to do something. I do not want my fear to lead into regret which is my second fear.
After I discussed my fear many of the people in class were able to relate. Others asked questions to understand what the root cause as to why I felt that way.
Thinking of how the class would react to my fear I knew that some people would be able to relate. I did not really think that others would try to help by asking questions to try to understand why I felt that way.
I do not think I would change anything I presented because it came straight from the heart and it was nice to finally get that off my chest and also helped me in coming face to face with my fear.
One of the projects that stood out to me was when one of the students was talking about low self esteem/depression/and sexual assault. Her story was so heartfelt and powerful because you seen true emotions. It made me truly appreciate this class because we get a better understanding of each other and that is a beautiful thing. This class goes beyond academics and talents. It really touches your mind, heart, and soul and I truly appreciate being a part of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment